Friday, March 11, 2016

Meet your Staff Advisor!


Hi Everyone! My name is Chamika "Mika" Ellis and I'm honored to serve as the Staff Advisor for AB: Team Knoxville! I currently serve as the Resident Director for Hagerstown Hall here at UMD and am extremely excited to be on this trip. I received my M.Ed in Higher Education from the University of Arkansas and my B.A. in Criminal Justice from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. I am also an AmeriCorps Alum, so service is something I'm very passionate about, along with working with students. In my spare time, I enjoy watching football (Go Packers, Razorbacks, and Terps!) Women's Basketball, trying new recipes, crafting, and shoe shopping (yes it's a really hobby! LOL). A few other random facts about me: I'm adopted, I'm from Milwaukee, Wisconsin so I'm a cheesehead to my core. Please be sure to stay tuned for more updates from our fabulous trip participants!



4 comments: