Sunday, March 13, 2016

Hi, everyone! My name is Emilio Rivera, and I'm a senior Public Health Science major and Spanish minor from Frederick, MD. I'm so excited to be participating in my second Alternative Break experience, engaging with the Knoxville community and learning about domestic violence. I'm a passionate advocate for social justice and promoting diversity, often spending my time attending cultural events and dialogues, volunteering, and all things related. At UMD, I try to stay active and heavily involved as possible: whether that be co-leading a project for the student-led group, Public Health Without Borders; interning for CARE to Stop Violence; volunteering with my fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega; and co-facilitating academic planning workshops for the School of Public Health. Thus, I can't think of any better way to spend my Spring Break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment